Founder and Director
Keath has been training clients as a Pilates teacher for over 10 years. He holds a degree in Psychology from the UK. After graduating he pursued performing arts involving himself in theatre and movement. He discovered Pilates following advice from a dance teacher who thought that it would be a good career move. He holds Pilates certifications from Polestar Pilates and Balanced Body as well as Yoga certification from Yogaworks, US. He is also trained in Gyrokinesis® and Gyrotonic® . He worked in Singapore for 3 years before deciding to take a pay cut, returning to Malaysia to share the benefits of Pilates with fellow Malaysians. His mission is to continue educating the public on good movement and healthy lifestyle so we may all enjoy healthy and happy lives. He believes strongly in Joseph Pilates teaching" the first requisite in happiness is physical happiness".
Having suffered three major episodes of back pains and seek help from various medical professionals, Keath found that movement and the wonders of Pilates equipment were the only solutions to his chronic back pain. Discovery Pilates by Keath is a unique and systematic movement principles program designed by Keath after his own experience of back pain and gaining a deeper understanding of the essence of the movement.
Discovery Pilates by Keath
“ After just 30 minutes, not only my pain diminished, I was also standing straighter, and I could feel relief in my body. I was so impressed to see such a dramatic difference that I decided to sign up straightaway.”
— Jean-Paul Valdes, Business Coach.
- Discovery's signature program that provides long term solutions to back, shoulder and neck pains.
- Provides relief in as short as 30 minutes.
- Feels the difference in how you stand, look and feel after every session.
- Gain an understanding of pelvic stability and mobility as keys to a healthy back.
- Gain an understanding of scapular stability and mobility as keys to a healthy shoulder and nec.
- Promotes active healing for those with conditions such as Slipped discs, Sciatica, Scoliosis, Tennis Elbow, Frozen shoulder, wrist, knee and ankle pains.
- Improves posture.
- Increases energy level.
- Provides solid foundation for first-time exercisers.
- Prevents injuries.
- Enhances athletic performance.
A must-do program for:
- Chronic back, shoulder and neck pain sufferers
- Those who have seek other treatments but to no avail
- Fitness enthusiasts
- Regular Pilates and Yoga practitioners
- First-time exercisers
- New and returning clients to Discovery
- A positive attitude
- A commitment to come at least once a week
- An open mind to work with all therapists and instructors trained under Discovery
- An open mind to start something new irrespective of your previous movement experience
We are proud to be the authorised training centre for Balanced Body.
Balanced Body has been a leader in the Pilates industry since 1976 manufacturing beautiful equipment we see today combining state-of-the-art engineering, materials and technology with a modern understanding of human biomechanics. Throughout the years Balanced Body has forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading Pilates educators, both classical and contemporary. They actively promote and nurture relationships that bring high-quality education to the fitness industry and the medical community, the athletic community and to Pilates enthusiasts. Balanced Body provides Pilates instructor training and continuing education opportunities that are stimulating, personal and deeply rooted in the art and science of movement.